Sunday, October 14, 2007

New Neighbors

So we have new neighbors. If you don't know, we live in what's called a Twin Home. That's basically a fancy term for duplex. We share a wall. The garage, laundry room, little bathroom and our bedrooms all share walls.

We live in what I now call the California Twin. Our neighbors are from California too. More specifically, Santa Monica. We all have CA license plates. They are really nice and have 4 kids.

I made three different batches of cookies on Saturday - carrot, peanut butter and cream cheese. They were all really good. I filled a little brown lunch bag full with the booty and brought it over to them tonight as kind of a welcome to the neighborhood gift. They came over a little bit later and thanked me and visited a bit. I thought it would be nice to get a bunch of cookies if I were moving in. I like cookies. Plus I am never really friendly with my neighbors. I thought maybe this time will be different. So I had to do something nice. Cookies are nice, I think. At least they are yummy...

On another note, I lost my sports bra and so I can't go to my exercise class in the morning. I'm going to order a new on online. I should have more then one. It's silly not to. Especially now that I'm trying to be more active. I think it might be in the washer. I left a load in there to soak and forgot about it. It's too late to wash the load since we now have neighbors. Our washer is really noisy and I don't want to wake them up so I am just going to have to skip my class. I'm really bummed about that but it is just the way it's going to have to be. I'll have to make a concerted effort to be more active tomorrow. I'm going to do a DVD though. I dare you to do a Richard Simmons DVD. Don't underestimate him...

7 comments:

Trena said...

I've never given new neighbors cookies, nor have I received cookies from a neighbor - but it would be cool if I ever did. I'm sure all of the cookies were fabulous, you are a great baker! I'm glad you are making friends - I try to avoid my neighbors!

Cutzi said...

I love making friends with neighbors. Of course, we live in Lynden. It just sorta seems like the thing to do.

And - while I do think you need more than one sports bra, if your neighbor ever complains about you washing it I would just tell her to get her lazy rear out of bed and come to Jazzercise with you. ;-) I doubt she's getting much sleep with 4 kids anyway.

I feel so sassy today.

kristina said...

you are hillarious!!! this was by far my favorite blog to read!! p.s. are you going to moab this weekend?

Mandy said...

Hi Jessica! Blogging is pretty fun. You get to spy on everyone's lives. I like that. Man, I haven't seen you guys since that viewing of Ben's movie at my house. Remember I was pregnant and you guys didn't even know. I think I had the baby the next day! Crazy huh? Well, a late congratulations on Magnus. Great name by the way. You guys are pretty notorious for that. I hear it's a family name. Anyway, I hope you're all doing well. Talk to you later!

Thorey said...

That is so outgoing of you, Jessie! I think that giving your neighbor cookies means that you are allowed to run your washing machine at night and they are not allowed to get mad at you. It's only fair.

But, yes, you definitely should get another sports bra. I have found that buying a couple of cute sports outfits helps me want to workout. You should try it. At the very least you'll end up with a couple cute sets of workout clothes.

Katie said...

I like making friends with my neighbors- it comes in really handy when you're in the middle of making something and you realize that you are out of eggs or whatever. Also, about the work-out DVDs- I have a ty-bo (sp?) one that I stole from you years ago and have yet to try it.. maybe I'll do it tomorrow! Oh, and you totally need to get an extra sports bra- I bought 2 online- champion ones made for people with really big boobies- and I use one over and over and the other is still in the wrapper- but it's comforting to know that it's there if I need it.

Pixie said...

Those cookies sound yummy! We tend to keep to ourselves too, but we also get lots of weirdos in our complex. ;)