Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Visiting Teaching

I found a cute new blog today and wanted to share it with anyone who cared. It's chock full of Visiting Teaching ideas, projects, thoughts, etc. I found it and was able to whip up these cute little paper purses to go with our February message about Provident Living. They were super easy and I thought they turned out really great. I don't pretend to be a paper crafter by any means, but I am really happy with the results.

I just used heavy scrapbook paper for the body and a pink ribbon for the handle. The pattern has a paper handle but I like ribbons better so I used that instead.

These photos were taken with my phone because I was in a hurry and didn't want to run downstairs and get my camera so please ignore their poor quality and enjoy their intended cuteness instead.



I couldn't find any chocolate coins in the few minutes I had to run into the grocery store but I got little golden eggs and I think that works just as well.

Just thought I'd share incase anyone needed a last minute idea for their February VTing or needed ideas for the future. I added her blog to my RSS feed and am excited to read more of it and see what great things she comes up with in the future. I'm a procrastinator with it, are you too?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Super cute, Jess. Our rs is doing this whole "purse"onal theme this year. I am going to pass this on to our enrichment ladies.