Sunday, August 23, 2009

Please Excuse Me...

I have to toot my own horn for a minute...

I was going through some shots that I accidently erased and found this:


OK, I did crop it a bit to get rid of Ken's GIGANTIC head. Just kidding, I did crop it and cut out Ken's head but only because I wanted to get a closer view. :) Anyway, compare this shot with this picture taken almost 4 years to the day...


Do you even know which person is me? I'm that fatty who just had a baby wearing the black shirt and red/purple skirt.

Are you freaking kidding me??!?!

I need to keep this picture and look at it often just so I can make myself feel good. I've lost over 45 lbs since then. Holy Crackers and Cheese!!! That's crazy!!! Seriously I have kids that weigh less then that.

I'm glad. This picture was seriously the motivation I needed tonight. We recently started our diets again (OK, everyone get their mutual laugh out of the way. We are constantly starting our diet again. We know it.) and I have been having a really tough weekend. Ben literally had to force feed me sausage for breakfast and a steak for dinner. I had to gag it down. I so did not want to eat that but after seeing this progress I am ready to eat a whole cow. Raw. Bring it on!!!

Maybe I should go to the gym instead of edit photos right now...

4 comments:

Glenda said...

WOW JESS!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! Pics of ourselves can be QUITE motivating!! I am glad you found some inspiration to keep pluggin away!!! You look beautiful!!!!

Trena said...

Way to go Jessica!!! I think you always look beautiful, but that is such an accomplishment to lose that much weight! Aaron and I are starting our diets tomorrow. Aaron is a hard core dieter, so he is going to help me lose the last of the baby weight!

Ali said...

:) You look good, Jess. I have been wanting to get together again. I've been just cleaning and doing an endless amount of laundry and it has not been fun. We go to Cali in two days. I hope you've been doing good. I love steak! Lucky girl. I had some in the fridge but opted for the easy toasted bagel. I need to go on a diet too... I'm totally up for exercising though...when I get back lets go walking with the kids, or hiking...anything to get me out! :) Cheers!

Katie said...

Yes.. you look great!! And, don't beat yourself up, you had just had a baby after all.. And, I'm going to look like your before pic in another week or so :( But, I will gain motivation looking at your recent pic... Skippy and I are also starting a "healthier" eating plan so wish us luck!